Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sleep

I've noticed lately that my health is failing. Nothing "big" but as I've checked my blood pressure, it is very high for my age. I've always been a little heavy, but along with the added stress of having a classroom, coaching, being involved in the community, owning a house, keeping up with my blog/TPT store, and everything else that goes on in life: it becomes very stressful, and I'm sure adds to that blood pressure being high, along with my unhealthy habits. 


I have been doing "research" (ie: reading tons of blogs) about health/nutrition, and I honestly know a lot about it. My fault is not putting it all in place. 

One of my biggest thing is trying to cram SO MUCH into each day. I think as we are asked to do more and more and more in our classrooms, we are forced to squeeze something out of our personal day, thus creating more stress, and something's gotta give. For me it's been sleep. 

I am someone who needs sleep. Not just because I become a cranky-monster, but because when I was in high school, I had two grand-maul seizures because of sleep deprivation. Lately, I've made my bedtime 10pm. However, that still doesn't seem to be enough sleep (and nights like tonight- it's 10:12 and I'm just blogging!), as my alarm blares its first call at 5AM and I begrudgingly drag myself out of bed sometimes an hour later, and I'm still tired throughout the day. 

So tonight I searched "when should I go to sleep" on a whim ... the random site I came across said that if I want to wake up at 4AM, I should go to sleep at 8:15PM. I think I will try this. I can set my DVR to record any shows that are "too good to pass up." It will also give me some time in the morning (hopefully) that I can get a work out in before school, which should give me some added energy as well as much needed health benefits. And be able to watch those shows from the night before?? hmmm 

(Ironically, the news just did a story about waking up early being good for your health) 

Sheesh, signs much?
Have a great [stress free] week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment