Friday, July 4, 2014

Time to get back into it...


For most, July 4th is a big celebration day. 

To me, it means we are on the downward slope toward school being here. 

I have been working hard (or hardly working) on some things to help me make this upcoming school year a bit easier, so I thought I would pass them along to YOU so you can benefit as well!

I know we are always learning new things, picking up a little tid-bit at a conference here, reading something from a book there, pinning something on Pinterest... and one of my big goals this summer was to collect games so we could use them during our "math fluency" block.

We are a departmentalized second grade, which I LOVE!
And I teach the math portion.
However, EVERY teacher teaches a section of Intervention (reading) and their own "Everyday Counts Calendar Math" and fifteen minutes of math fact fluency with their homeroom.

So I took it upon myself (being the "math person") to pull together and collect math fluency games to use during that time so we all have direction and consistency. It can be hard when you are asked to facilitate something, but don't really have a map. 

So since I did that for us ... I thought I'd give y'all a little sneak peek.
 

Inside my store, there is a FREEBIE of Part-Part-Whole Cards! 
They are just ONE piece of these games that will last you the whole year :)
Click on the picture below to grab yours: 

 
The rest of the year is in my store for just $10. You get 22 games that are aligned to the Every Day Counts Calendar Math "Computations and Connections" section. All the parts and pieces are there, so you just have to copy, laminate, and organize them! (You will need to add some dice here and there!) 
Click on the picture below to go to my store and see it for yourself:
 

Alright, That's all I have for now.
What have you been working on to get ready for the upcoming school year??

No comments:

Post a Comment