Sunday, March 1, 2015

Fractions

This coming week, we are starting our fraction unit. How quickly I am able to go and how many "fun" activities I get to do will depend on the first day, when we will do some of the Chapter opener that Singapore always has and I can better gauge their prior knowledge.
I'm always thankful for these days because they are like an extra day, I can sometimes use these days to get a jump on the chapter if I know that we are going to struggle and we will need extra time. 

Here are my tentative plans for the coming week: 

Barring we have no more snow... we should get through our fraction chapter in about a week and a half!

Something I have been working on this weekend has been this calendar booklet for First grade!
A buyer asked me if I could do my Calendar Book for First graders, so I obliged. I don't teach first grade, so I did my best to tailor the pages to their calendar and to activities that would help develop their number sense. 


Click on the picture to go to the calendar booklet in my store! It's 141 pages of lovliness :)

I also whipped up these: 

FREEBIE Bookmarks in my store ... math and the other side is reading. I love using partnerships in my classroom. Partner work is invaluable! 

The end of the school year is almost here (even though there is snow on the ground), which means the end of my grad school days and the end of my student teacher, the end of my internship, and the beginning of summer!
YIPPEE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment