Monday, August 3, 2015

Classroom Tour

I thought I would share my classroom through a picture tour.
We start school on the 27th with students, teachers begin on the 24th.  
So here we go!
Welcome to my Classroom 


My calendar math area. I already have it set up for the first day of school. We adopted the program two years ago and I'm getting the groove of it!
I hung the baskets on the well, I'm unsure how I'll use them quite yet. 

 View to the "back" of the room.

View to the door. I have 4 tables in my room that each seat 6. It's great for cooperative learning and Kagan strategies, but it stinks when I have 27 in a class and we don't all fit around the tables.  


My desk area/the student computer. I hope to utilize it more this year. 


From the door looking at my desk/bookshelves
I've changed my room around a little this year, and it has me anxious. 


This is a part that I'm really excited about.
I teach four sections of math each day. This wall (which are my cabinets) will [hopefully] serve as our data board. I don't want to post names or exact numbers, just a "yes" or a "no" if we have mastered the standard or not (I plan to use small post-it notes). I've just started with my standards for the first quarter to see how this method goes... 


*Hopefully* My area for guided math conferences and small math groups! :) 


Storage & extra bins... everybody has this stuff, right??
The baskets across the top are another undecided project. 


Behind my small group table: I want us to know what our goals are, and how we'll know if we've mastered a standard. I'm really into goals, data, and students tracking progress this year! 


Again, *Hopefully* my workstations pocket chart! 


SmartBoard area .... manipulatives, games, math books on the shelves


Student computer that WILL get used more this year. 

 I'm really excited about this. I am making a conscious effort to be more POSITIVE this school year.
We have adopted PBIS and I really want to do my best to follow it, not just because we've adopted it. But because I want to be a positive teacher and mentor to the children I have in my room. I want them to feel safe and secure in school.
These Brag Tag hooks are for the brag tags I bought from Primarily Speaking. I'm excited to use them as positive reinforcement throughout the school year! 

Schedule on the wall (my students move to 3 different teachers throughout the day.
Behavior charts (calendars) that I made. We use a clip-stick and at the end of the day during pack and stack routines, we color in where we ended that day. 


Phew! That's my room so far; What I've done of it.
I think a classroom is constantly changing, materials are out when they are needed & when the next set need to come out, they appear from the cupboards!
It's amazing all the work that goes into an elementary classroom. The thought and care that goes into each little space. I would equate it to preparing a nursery: you have no idea what the baby that will reside in the nursery will look like or be like.... yet you make that nursery amazing.
That's what an elementary teacher does. Not for one baby, but for many, different children. And even though we don't know them, their personalities or learning styles, we attempt to make the room welcoming, versatile and organized to enable us to be the best teacher we can be to these kiddos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment