Thursday, July 28, 2011

Almost there!

Just an update on the classroom situation: I THINK I almost have it all the way how I want it.


I usually spend 3 to 6 hours at school most days getting things moved and gone through. And a lot of those hours are spent moving a bookshelf here and moving it back there and then moving it back again hoping that I am putting everything in the right place for my students.


I have things in my room that are over 15 years old.
Some things in my room were printed before I was born.
I have been trying to go through them and throw things out that are outdated while sensitively keeping things that I feel need to be kept (or should be kept for posterity)....


I have also learned a lot about my schedule. We do reading, spelling, grammar, math, during most of the school day and the last 40 min or so is "content time" which is science/social studies time. And each month is devoted to either one or the other. 


My first embarrassing 'first year teacher' moment happened... I was stamping books (ugh!) with my cousins and the custodian came in and asked me if I wanted a step for my smart board (this whole time I thought I had one). Apparently I was using two bookshelves as my step/stage area... that was awkward. lol 



No comments:

Post a Comment