Sunday, September 14, 2014

15 days

Do you ever stop and think "we've only been in school how long?!" 
Yep.
That's how I feel. 

I always forget how long it takes to teach routines and expectations. And once we have something some-what established, the schedule is changed again. So we do our best to adapt. 

So for the last 15 days that's what I've been working on in my room.
Routines, procedures, expectations, and math. 

I had a request to make third grade versions of the Math in Focus: Singapore Math vocabulary mini posters that I had made for second grade, so I did not disappoint -- here they are! 

Click the picture to go to my store and purchase :) 

This week, we are working on more place value things. Chapter One in our math book goes into Comparing and Ordering numbers using a place-value mat and number line. That's what we will be tackling this week! Along with taking our first test!

I'm also beginning to teach Road to Reading during our intervention time (our IE time is purely reading) ... which I'm excited about! With my crazy schedule, I need something more "scripted."

For example, here's my week this week:
Monday: Internship meeting/Out of town softball game
Tuesday: NOTHING EXTRA!! (Just practice)
Wednesday: Home softball game
Thursday: Home softball game/Math Parent Night
Friday: released from school to go to a two-day softball tournament (*Mid-terms are due*)
Saturday: Softball Tournament 

PHEW! Deep breath! I will make it through this week!
(and the next, and the next, and the next...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment