Friday, November 22, 2013

Tired

Ya know those days where you feel emotionally, physically, spiritually, and every other kind of drained? Today was that day.

It's Friday before we take off for Thanksgiving next week, so any kind of instruction I was trying to do with my math groups was floundering, like I felt like I was being punked.

So.. by my third group, I finally succumbed to their ways and said "this half of the class gets to get out math books, and this half you can pick a math game, half way through, we'll switch."

Voila`, my stress level dropped ten points.

One of the games I have handy is a fluency/number sense game that develops awareness of making ten. We call it "snap ten" but I'm sure there are other clever names. You give each group two sets of ten frames, they lay them out, and call out "SNAP TEN!" when they see a match that would make a ten. Then they have to justify why it makes ten. "I know that 6+4 makes ten because I can see...."

You can go to my TpT store to download it!

No comments:

Post a Comment