Saturday, November 16, 2013

Phew!

Well, today I opened my Teachers Pay Teachers store. I mean business. Since the first thing you put on your store has to be free, I did that. Check!

I uploaded my game that my students LOVE. I usually teach it to them pretty quickly in the school year, it shows me who knows the most about place value and where I have a lot of work to do.

Anyway, I will put it up on here for you all. I break students into pairs, and then give them three dice. I also provide them with these things I bought at the dollar tree that have three compartments, that I wrote "ones, tens, hundreds" inside of the compartments. I think they're for dips or planting things.... I don't know!

Then you hear the clickty-clack of dice everywhere! (the containers help keep the dice.... contained!)
The paper, titled "Roll Away" has them record the number they rolled in expanded form (ones first..) and then put it together in standard form, their partner does the same. THEN they have to compare their numbers, and whoever's is the greatest, gets a point. They LOVE this game! They don't even realize that they are learning!

Here's a quick link to my store and my Roll Away game!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Roll-Away-979399


Alright, today I'm getting stuff done. Including grad school homework and work for regular school! :)
Have a happy day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment