Thursday, February 20, 2014

Advocare Days 1&2

Like millions of people out there, I struggle with my weight and health. With teaching in the classroom and coaching, I struggle to have great nutrition and get good exercise as well. I have always been heavier, since I was little even -- and my genetics don't help that. I have never really let it get to me, but now that my job requires me to be so active I want to be as healthy as I can be. And with my schedule getting busier and busier, my energy level has gone down and down. So I finally decided I needed to do something about it. 

I know there are hundreds upon hundreds of diets and exercise programs that offer success. I have half-way tried a few. I never devoted myself completely to any of these efforts. And I know that is why I "failed." 

SO ... I had a bunch of friends that were doing this crazy new thing called Advocare. And a lot of them were very successful. They said they had more energy. They said they lost a lot of weight. They said that they were happy, that their skin was more clear... etc, etc, etc. 

So I did a bunch of research and read a lot of blogs and then read some more. I wanted to be sure that it was something I could actually do and not excuse my way out.

I decided to do the 24-Day Challenge. It starts off with a 10-Day cleanse and ends with a 14 day "max" phase. For six days of the cleanse phase, you drink a fiber drink -- and you get to eat, but the goal is to eat CLEAN. There is a daily guide that comes with the pack so you know what and when to eat. You also have to drink TONS of water. Like... half your body weight in ounces. Needless to say, I've been drinking TONS of water. 

So, I've done two days of the cleanse. I am not zooming around with extra energy by any means. And actually, right now I am struggling to keep my eyes open. I told myself that I would get the nutrition down really well before I tried to start up exercising as well. I have been learning a lot about what and when to eat. Over the years, I have learned so much about nutrition  -- But I have never applied it. 

These two days have gone well. No negative side effects. The biggest change has been preparing meals and snacks to take with me so I'm prepared and don't crash; also making sure I have the right supplements and drink mixes to take, and making sure I take them at the right times! 

No comments:

Post a Comment