Thursday, February 6, 2014

Working Not at Work


Even though I've been on snowdays forever... I've still been working: creating tons of things for my classroom. I have been concerned about our calendar routines fulfilling what they have been intended to in order to compliment our math curriculum. 

ALSO, because I am the only "math" teacher, and because all the other teachers are doing calendar, I wanted it to be consistent. Sooooo.... The Calendar Task Cards were born. 

I made a set of Regrouping Problems: We started the year teaching regrouping and that was it. The curriculum does not spiral. There is no review. AHHHHHH! I can hear those third grade teachers now: "how exactly did you teach this???" lol Basically the cards are intended to be done one card per day with our calendar routine (these sets are for one month). But I've made them so that they can be done as "task cards" in a math center (there is a recording page as well).
Click on the picture to find them: 


Along with that, money is a big concern. Money with regrouping (and where we have to add/subtract with decimal points) is also a concern. SO I did Money Word Problems Task Cards. Click on this picture to find them:

I've also been working on a HUGE spelling test packet for those using Journeys materials. 

Tomorrow's our first day back to school... and it's Friday! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment